Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One obstacle down

I am still in the hospital and still on bed rest. Luckily there have been no contractions and no sign of infection yet. As long as our little guy can hang on for another week my doctor wants to deliver him next Tuesday on December 16th.

One good thing is that Justin just got out of surgery. The surgery started a bit late and also took a bit longer than we thought that it would, but the surgeon said there was lots of scar tissue to work around from the last surgery. But everything looks good so far.

In case you are wondering - we do not get to share a room. I am in the women's center at the hospital where I am being taken care of the way I need to be, while Justin will be in another building, receiving the care that he needs. We are hopeful that as he starts to be able to move around over the next few days, he will be able to visit me but I am not allowed out of my room to try to see him. Too much moving around for me could bring on contractions which we are trying to avoid.

We hope that Justin's recovery is quick and not quite as complicated as the last surgery. We also want to thank everyone for their continued prayers on our behalf. This has certainly been one crazy year for our family!

0 comments: