Friday, December 5, 2008

Our world of craziness

Check the baby countdown at the top and you will realize why I really had no idea that it was my water that broke this morning. Baby "J" isn't due for over 7 weeks and yet, I am in the hospital where I will stay until he makes his appearance. So far everything looks good and I haven't had any contractions - but once the water breaks, you never know what you are in for.

The hope is that baby boy will hold out until I reach 35 weeks to make his appearance. So - hopefully it is a boring couple of weeks for me as I lay here on bed rest being monitored.

Anyone keeping track might also realize that Justin will become a patient (at this same hospital) on Tuesday, when he goes in for surgery #2. We are really hoping for the best, meaning that we are hoping that he is released from the hospital before our little boy arrives.

Needless to say, Christmas cards will be going out very late this year - if at all now.

Please keep our little family in your prayers!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! What a surprise! I was confused when my water broke too. We are praying for you. Good luck and keep updating! We hope to see pics your healthy baby (not too soon) in the next little while.

. said...

What the heck! you and Justin have got to be on a first name basis with the nurses and doctors at the hospital by now. Good luck with everything! We will be praying for you. I hope your little man will come out healthy no matter when he arrives.

Amy said...

We will be keeping you in our prayers. I hope you have lots of friends close that don't mind visiting the hospital often. It's going to be a long, boring Christmas - we hope. I had a friend whose water broke too early too about this time of year and she spent a lot of time doing nothing at the hospital. Enjoy your forced relaxation.

Jessica said...

Wow! I've had 2 kids and still wouldn't know what was going on if my water broke since they were both induced! We'll keep you in our prayers. I hope all goes well for both of you and that your baby arrives safely. And as much as I don't wish for you to sit in the hospital for weeks, bored out of your mind, I do hope that your baby doesn't make an appearance for a while. In the meantime, enjoy your rest. You'll never sleep the same again once the baby comes! Wish we could be there to help.

Amy Do. said...

Julie, if you are up for visitors please call me! I have some free time next week and would love to see you.

Stephanie said...

I suppose it is nice that you guys are at least in the same hospital. Just keep your legs and fingers crossed that your little guy stays in there for a few weeks. Max came early at 35 weeks and was able to come home with me after 48 hours. We were probabably just lucky that he didn't have to stay in the NICU, but we are hoping you have the same luck.