Friday, December 12, 2008

One week down

Today makes one week since my water broke and I came to the hospital. When the neonatologist came in to visit with me yesterday, she informed me that I am definitely an outlier since I hadn't gone into labor, had any contractions, etc. But last night I did start having some minor contractions - really not too painful, very spaced out and very short-lived.

I have told our baby boy that he needs to be patient until Justin is released from the hospital and haven't felt any more contractions this morning. We will see how obedient he can be, right?

Justin is doing extremely well since his surgery. He came over to see me for about a half hour on Wednesday (day after surgery) and then about an hour and half yesterday. He is already doing lots of walking around, was moved to clear liquids last night and will be getting full liquids this afternoon. I really think that it makes a huge difference that he was feeling healthy for this surgery whereas the last one he was very sick. Plus I think he is very determined to recover to be here for our baby.

Here's hoping that the next few days are very uneventful - that Justin's is able to be released from the hospital on Monday and that nothing causes me to go into labor before Tuesday. And praying that although our guy will be very small, he will be very strong.

3 comments:

. said...

Good luck to you and Justin. I hope Justin is almost back to normal before your baby comes. It will make the recovery sooo much easier for you.

Stephanie said...

Good news! I'm glad to hear things are going well.

Amy said...

Thanks for the updates, we are thinking of you often.