Monday, December 15, 2008

Lots of pictures!

Here are just a few of the pictures that we have so far of Jacob. Since he is in the NICU (and will be for an unknown amount of time) we only got to see him for a few minutes after delivery and now we get to see him a couple times a day. We are hoping that he learns everything that he needs to so he can come home as soon as possible!

Pictures right after delivery:



He didn't get a bath until today once his breathing starting stabilizing - but they haven't had to put him on oxygen at all yet (hopefully they won't have to).

Pictures from this afternoon:




He looks so tiny with Justin's hand on his back!

Pictures from tonight when I got to hold him for the first time since right after delivery. I got to give him about a teaspoon or so of formula and then I got to "kangaroo" him (skin to skin contact for an hour).






The video is a bit grainy - but we love how alert he seems in it!

8 comments:

KimberLeigh said...

Oh he's so beautiful. Mega congratulations. What an amazing birth story he has!

Loads of wellness to your WHOLE family during this period of recovery!

. said...

Congratulations!! You look soo happy! Jacob looks like he is really enjoy his Kangeroo time too. I hope he learns everythng quickly too so you can hold him as much as you want.

Rachel said...

Congratulations, you two! What a beautiful baby boy! I think Christmas came a little early this year. . .I've always loved the name Jacob. This is just too exciting for words!

Angie said...

Congratulations! Jacob is beautiful.
I know how it is to have your baby in the NICU, seeing your pictures made me tear up remembering we were just there too. They never really give you a good estimate of when they will come home, it's a day by day thing. Hopefully soon. The fact that he's breathing on his own is fantastic and you've already given him some formula is awesome! You're in our prayers. We hope your little man will be home for the holidays! If you want to talk with someone who's been there, I'd love to help. Good Luck!

Amy said...

What a beautiful baby! He looks like he is doing great for being so early. My twin nephews and a niece all had to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks. So hard on the parents. . . It's great that Jacob doesn't have to be on oxygen. The hardest thing my nephews had to figure out was how to eat and breathe at the same time. I still can't believe how quickly things happened - did you have a c-section?

Congrats again. I am checking your blog often for pictures and updates, so thank you!

Lisa said...

He's beautiful. He's got such rosy skin and lots of hair, too! I hope you get to bring him home for Christmas. That would be perfect.

And I'd just like to say that Justin looks fantastic for someone who had abdominal surgery last week.

Wendy said...

Skin to skin contact was my favorite thing in the world. Give him as much as you can so he gets big and strong and feels your heartbeat and knows how much you love him. Enjoy that snuggle time! He is beautiful and looks absolutely perfect in the pictures. I hope he comes home in no time!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you both. The baby is precious and I'm sure you will both be great parents! Hope to see you soon.

John and Sabrina