Monday, October 27, 2008

Tagged!

My friend, Carrie, tagged me about a week or so ago so I figured I should play along. So here we go with 7 weird/interesting things about myself. I'm not sure if they are interesting though, so I will say here are just 7 things about myself.

1) I am very picky when it comes to lettuce. I don't really care for iceburg lettuce at all, and when it comes to other types of lettuce I am picky about what goes with lettuce and what doesn't. I don't really understand it myself (I like lettuce on a hard taco, but not a soft taco; I can eat green leaf lettuce on a hamburger, but don't like it on a chicken sandwich) but it kind of has to do with the way flavors mingle.

2) When I was in junior high, there was an early release day and I went out to eat with about 10 of my friends. Everyone made me laugh so hard that I almost choked on my food and ended up throwing up all over the table. Needless to say, EVERYONE was talking about it and me the next few days at school.

3) I wanted to do a walk-on try-out for the BYU women's soccer team when I was a freshman. I showed up for the first day of try-outs and they sent all the walk-ons inside and individually sat us down and gave us a reason why we couldn't try-out. Apparently I had high blood pressure and wouldn't be able to handle playing in the Utah heat. Funny since my blood pressure was fine in Texas where it is quite a bit hotter (and more humid). They didn't allow anyone who showed up as a walk-on to actually try-out.

4) I don't like most condiments on things - ketchup, mustard, mayo, sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole. I can eat a few things with ketchup, and I will cook things that have mayo or sour cream in them. But when it comes to my sandwiches and burgers, I eat them dry. When I worked full-time and went out to have Tex-Mex for lunch with people, they always wanted to sit by me because I gave them all the "good stuff".

5) Since becoming an adult, I have lived with 3 families that I am not really related to - my roommate's family in Fairbanks, Alaska for 3 months; the Fuller family in Houston, TX for 2 months and the Keifer's in Kansas City, Missouri for 2 weeks. I lived with my roommate's family because they offered to let me live there for the summer and I couldn't afford to live anywhere else. The Fuller's let me live with them when my lease was up and I had another 2 month's before leaving for grad school and the Keifer's saved me from a very unfortunate living situation that I was stuck in while doing an internship.

6) We lived in Tampa, FL the first 2 years we were married and although I had some pretty good friends there, I couldn't stand Tampa. I don't know what it was, but I was so ready to move away from there just about as soon as we moved there. When we found out Justin could transfer to Houston, I was overjoyed.

7) I have a hard time falling asleep if it is too quiet. I feel like I can hear every cricket outside and every car driving down the road. So I have 3 Enya CD's that play one after another for 2 hours on very quietly in the room so I can fall asleep.

I won't specifically tag anyone, but if you want to play along - go ahead.

2 comments:

. said...

My brother tried out the the BYU soccer team as a walk on and the last day of tryouts another player told him that the team had already been selected. He even told him the names of the players and everythng. Sure enough, at the end of the day the roster was posted and it was exactly how my brother was told it would be. Apparently the coach new some of the people trying out personally and told them that if they show up to tryouts they would get the left over spots. now that is why BYU's sports programs will never get any credit.

KimberLeigh said...

Julie, that was very interesting to read about you!! Your lettuce thing is pretty funny, and sister, I can't get your anti-condiment thing. If it isn't swimming in something, I can't eat it! :)

And, VERY LAME about the BYU team stuff...not cool.