Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And again

This morning I failed my 3-hour glucose test. Apparently, when you fail in the first 2 hours, they don't make you stay for the 3rd hour. Luckily I wasn't over by a lot - I was in range before drinking the sugar stuff, 13 points too high an hour later and 22 points too high an hour after that (50 - 60 points over is a lot).

I have to meet with a dietitian on Friday morning to learn what to do next, what to eat and what not to eat, and I'll have to start pricking my own finger multiple times a day. Didn't I deal with sticking enough needles in my body when going through IVF?

3 comments:

KimberLeigh said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hang in there. It will be so worth it when your little boy is here! All my love and sympathies!

. said...

Wow! That is no fun!

Crafting is my Therapy said...

THAT STINKS! I feel for you. It will just make the ..."was in labor so many hours..." story better. "I had to prick my finger so many time..." and then you can start the "I was in labor" story.