Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our productive weekend

For the first time since we moved to Houston, we did not throw a Halloween party this year. Once we learned that IVF worked, I told Justin that I didn't think I wanted to deal with the hassle of the party because it is always tons of work for me. At the time, I had no idea what we would go through with Justin's health the past few months.

Because we weren't having a party, I also didn't mess with costumes for us. But I already have an idea for next year. :) Halloween night, Justin went to early vote on his way home from work and didn't make it home until almost 8pm. By the time he got home, we had only had about 10 trick-or-treaters. We only had about 20 for the entire night.

Friday night we made a list of things that we need to get done, and Saturday afternoon we went to work (after going out and running errands in the morning). We are actually quite proud of our accomplishments for this weekend. We finished clearing out baby's room, we did some much needed yard work, we did some laundry, we put away all the Halloween decorations and gave Colby a bath.

We hope the next week and half is just as productive as we get ready to go on our trip to Florida.

4 comments:

. said...

Why are you visiting FLorida? I thought you hated it there?

KimberLeigh said...

Congrats on a weekend well spent! We were productive too and it feels great! But more and more keeps piling on my list "to do" as the nesting continues!

Julie said...

I hated living in Tampa. I actually liked living in Tallahassee although it was a bit small for my tastes. We are going to an FSU football game and then just going to do some visiting with friends. :)

Laura Gilgen said...

Have fun in florida and take lot's of pictures