Friday, February 25, 2011

They're here!!!!

Our babies were born on Wednesday, February 23rd.

Tuesday night Justin asked if I wanted him to take my 36 week picture. My response was "in a little bit". Later he headed up to bed and I slowly started up the stairs and realized we never took that 36 week picture. Oh well, I thought - we'll take it a day late.

Once upstairs, Justin was getting into bed and I headed into the bathroom to get ready for bed. A few minutes later I called out "My water just broke." Justin's response was "Are you serious?"

He put his regular clothes back on and went downstairs where my mom was still working and said "Looks like we are headed to the hospital - Julie's water just broke." My mom's response was the same as Justin's - "Are you serious?"

It was a long night of being on baby monitors and starting contractions before the decision was made to NOT proceed with a C-section and administer petosin to speed things along.

At 1:10 pm Joel Michael was born weighing 5 lbs 14 oz and measuring to be 19 in long.


At 1:13 pm Jeremy Mitchell was born weighing 5 lbs 10 oz and measuring to be 17.5 in long.

It was a traumatic birth for both babies (and for mommy), but definitely more so for Jeremy since he was breech and ended up being both pulled out by his feet while the 2nd doctor was pushing him out by putting all her weight on my belly.

Joel and I are definitely being discharged tonight and hopefully Jeremy will be as well (his bili levels were high and he has been under the lights all day today).

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

You had your babies! Are you serious! :-) Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I know I have said this all along, Congratulations and you are an all star! But you have far surpassed all-star. Way to go Julie. You are tough as nails and an amazing woman and mommy. I'm in awe of what you were able to do with this pregnancy. You're boys are beautiful and such a great healthy size for twins!

Congratulations on your two new little boys. Sending wishes for all of you for a quick recovery and some sleep full night (or naps).

I wish I was still in Katy to come meet them. Keep posting pictures.
Hugs, A (signed in under Mike)

White Folk said...

Happy Day Happy Day Happy Day!!!! We have been praying for yall since your last post and are so excited that the boys have finally arrived! Welcome to a bright new world little ones and know that the White Folks can't wait to meet you both! Great Job Jules! :)

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! They are absolutely beautiful and I love the names. Great job, Julie! I think Joel looks like Justin and it's cute to see how different they look. I am glad that they are doing so well - you are amazing. Hope the recovery is super quick!

H&D COX said...

Congratulations!!! They are so cute!!! Twins are so fun :)

Laurel Baker said...

Congrats, Julie!!! What CUTIES!! I can't believe you made it as far as you did! That is awesome! And your babies were both such good sizes! I hope you are doing well! That is great that you didn't have to have a c-section! I miss you Julie! Keep posting pictures! I want to see more of those babies! Cute names btw!

sallyavena said...

Congratulations!!!! What big babies they turned out to be. You are amazing! Good luck with the transition to two babies at home.

Jen said...

"are you serious." hehehe I love it! because who knows you might have been joking! um not so much! :D