Thursday, March 10, 2011

The twins are 2 weeks old!!

In some ways it is hard to believe the twins are already 2 weeks old - at the same time it feels like how are they only 2 weeks old?!?
Joel with the elephant

Jeremy with the elephant

Both boys with the elephant

The first 2 weeks have actually run pretty smoothly because we have had as many adults here as children. Until today. Today Justin went back to work and although things started out a bit crazy, the day has gone pretty smoothly. I'm not looking forward to the day that it is just me with all 3 boys here though. I'm not sure how I feed both babies and Jacob at the same time. Or how I put Jacob down for a nap while I am pumping and a baby needs to be fed.

So far, the babies sleep a lot. We have tons of pictures of them sleeping side by side.
Up to this point, Jeremy has been a lot sleepier than Joel and Joel has been a better eater than Jeremy. Yesterday at their 2-week check-ups Joel weighed in at 6 lbs 12 oz (7th %-tile) and Jeremy weighed in at 6 lbs 4 oz (under 5th %-tile).

Although they both sleep a lot, the last couple nights the babies have taken turns being fussy instead of sleeping for periods of time. I'm really hoping this is a growth spurt that will pass VERY soon.

Overall Jacob has been adjusting to the arrival of his brothers pretty well. He gets worried about them if they cry and he gives them kisses before he goes to bed. He gets jealous if one of them is in the swing because he likes it so much. He wasn't such a fan of it when he was a baby.
Jacob is not interested in holding the babies or even sitting next to them. Here is when I tried to get a picture of Justin with all 3 boys.
One more cute picture of our newest family members.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Julie, they are absolutely precious! Thank you so much for the update. I know it's probably hard to get a break to even post, so I appreciate it.

They are so handsome - love the hair and I'm glad they are doing so good!

Stephanie said...

Cute little guys!

Brett M said...

Yeah! Congrats on the babies and on making it 2 weeks! The last picture is my favorite. So cute!!! You're a rockstar.

White Folk said...

Wow Julie they are sooooo adorable! I love you and I know you'll continue to be the best mommy ever for your boys. You're a natural. :)

Emily said...

Whew, I feel tired just reading about taking care of 3 boys! So happy for you and your sweet little family! They are so precious : ) Oh, and glad you were able to avoid a c section. Probably made recovery much easier! Congrats!

Jami said...

They are so sweet Julie. It is amazing what you can do when you have no other choice. You will figure it all out. hang in there.

Laurel Baker said...

Oh my goodness...they are so cute!! I LOVE the last picture!! So sweet! And the one with your hubby and the boys is too funny! I am impressed that you are able to blog right now!! I don't think I would be able to do that! Miss you Julie!