Wednesday, February 16, 2011

13 days and counting

Definitely the least attractive picture taken of me this pregnancy. 35 weeks pregnant with twins = super tired and uncomfortable

At my appointment this week, my doctor decided that I could have the babies whenever I want. Everything looks good with them and I am super, super uncomfortable. Baby B has his head way up in my rib cage and both babies are so crowded now that there is no turning for him.

At first it was really tempting to say to schedule the C-section for next week when I will be 36 weeks. But from the very beginning I really wanted to make it to 37 weeks. I know it is better for the babies to make it that far, plus between mine and Justin's families there are already more birthdays in February than any other month (and it is the shortest month). I know that is a silly reason, but I really didn't want to add 2 more birthdays to the month of February.

As of now, we are scheduling (maybe already scheduled?) for C-section on Tuesday, March 1st assuming I don't start having contractions again and everything looks fine at my appointment next week.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is very selfless of you to try for 37 weeks. Even though you are super uncomfortable, you are willing to sacrifice for the good of the babies. Pretty amazing!

White Folk said...

I agree whole heartedly with the other Stephanie...you truly are selfless! Those little boys, (all three of them,) are so stinkin' lucky to have you as their mom! And I am grateful for your friendship! We're still praying and fasting for you! :)