Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

May 10, 2008 found us at the hospital, having two embryos transferred with the hope that we would finally be able to have children. The next day was Mother's Day and I was on day 2 of strict bedrest hoping that the embryos would burrow deep and cling for dear life.

May 10, 2009 I have a beautiful baby boy who will be 5 months old later this week.

We have been celebrating basically all weekend (and celebrating will continue into the week). Justin took me to Carino's for lunch on Friday where "Mom's meal" was free. We hadn't been out to eat for over a month (not even fast food) so it was great to go out - especially since the food was delicious and mine was free!

Saturday we went up to Justin's grandparents' to celebrate Mother's Day and everyone got to ooh and aah over our beautiful little boy. Here are my two men together:


Sunday morning Justin and Jacob gave me my Mother's Day/Birthday present:

They aren't too big (afterall - we haven't won the lottery yet) but they are perfect. :)

After church on Sunday we went back up to Justin's grandparents' to celebrate the birthdays for this week - here's Justin's grandpa with his birthday cake, and mine after I blew out my candles.



Life is good.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Mother's Day & Happy Birthday! I remember when you turned both one and two, we celebrated your birthday in Mississippi because we were there for Mother's Day. Now here you are celebrating your birthday and Mother's Day with your own little one. My how the years fly.
Mom

Amy said...

Happy Mother's Day - sounds like you really get to enjoy this week. And what a cute little baby to celebrate with.

Thanks for thinking of me and sending the coupon. I didn't get down there to try it out. I had just come from Provo for Women's Conference and we don't go down there very often. Sorry I can't tell you if it was legit or not. But I love coupons and free stuff, so pass on anything else you might come across.

Frost Fam said...

I'm so happy this happened for you and that you had a wonderful mother's day!

MindyW said...

Julie, you are such a good blogger! Good idea to take a picture of the beautiful jewels from your hubby! What a fun birthday present!