Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jacob's new trick

This morning, Jacob mastered a new trick. For the last few weeks, when we lay him on his back on his playmat he has acted like he wants to roll over. Today - he pulled it off! I laid him down on his back and within just a minute or so, he was on his tummy. Remember from the last post that he hates his tummy time - so after a few minutes of playing on his tummy he got to be really unhappy. He is still having lots of trouble rolling from his tummy to his back, so I rolled him back onto his back.

A couple minutes later he rolled over with such force that he did a full 360 degree turn ending up on his back, next to his playmat. A minute or so later, he rolled over onto his tummy again. I was pretty impressed with how far he ended away from his mat.
Later, I laid him down for his morning "mini" nap in the small crib that he sleeps in next to our bed. It took some work, but I actually got him to sleep and ran out of the room to try to get something done. About 10 minutes later, I heard him making noises. He was talking to himself and sounding pretty happy, but I decided to poke my head in to see him and this is what I saw:Looks like his little crib in our room is too small for him to actually roll over.

So now the question is - how long do we have until he becomes mobile and we have to child-proof the house?

3 comments:

Emily said...

It begins..........

Seriously though, it is really fun when they become more mobile, even though you have to be that much more careful. Don't worry, I haven't totally baby-proofed yet and she's crawling!

Crystal said...

Looks like he was trying to escape from his crib. That is so cute!
Mom

Lisa said...

Technically, he's mobile now. You'd be amazed by what babies can get to just by rolling around. :) As for how long until he crawls, well it depends on the baby. My kids had 3-5 months between rolling over and crawling.