Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Celebration Week

Last week was not only my first Mother's Day (as a mom) and my 32nd birthday, but Jacob turned 5 months old last week!



Getting a picture of Jacob smiling is no easy task. When I am right in his face, he is all smiles and laughs. As soon as I move away to snap a picture, he gives me a look like "What are you doing?" I took his 5-month-old picture like a dozen times - not a smile in a single one. Maybe his 6-month picture will feature a smile.



Jacob continues to be a good sleeper at night - as long as he eats well before going to bed (which we have had some issues with off and on, which means that off and on he has been a good sleeper at night). It is getting more and more difficult to get him to nap though. I have been told by lots of people to just enjoy him and hold him so he will nap, but I would rather be able to get him to nap by himself so I can get a few things done and play with him when he is awake. Instead when he is awake he ends up playing by himself quite a bit so I can try to do some laundry, make dinner or straighten up the house.

Here is one tired baby

Overall, Jacob is still such a good baby. He likes to watch things and people and take things in. He loves playing with his Daddy. He really wants to be able sit up - but hates his tummy time. He loves to stand on our laps while we balance him. He loves to suck and chew on his hands (and get drool everywhere in the process). He loves to play with his bibs and burp clothes - far more than any of his toys. He is slowly starting to outgrow some of his 0-3 month sized clothes and starting to wear some of his 3-6 month clothes!

It is hard to believe that he is 5 months old already!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think kids must know how bad we want cute pictures of them smiling, so that is why they hold out on us. I think it's a little game they play in their heads. They smile tons and tons until be bring the camera out...sigh... Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday!

Cyndie said...

My problem now is that Kinsey will not stay in one place for a picture. No matter how hard I try. If I sit her down, the second I let go of her she is standing up. If I want her to stand in front of something, again, the second I let go she is walking away. So frustrating!!

Crystal said...

I can't believe how much he has grown in the last month. He is so much bigger than he was at Easter time! Even though he would not smile for the pictures, they turned out good. I get to see him (and you and Justin, of course) in just three weeks!!! I am so excited.
Mom