Thursday, February 14, 2008

In Honor of Valentine's Day

What is your husband’s name? Justin Mathew (that's right - only one "t")

How long have you been together? We think that we officially starting dating over Spring Break in 2003, so almost 5 years. But our first date was over 6 months before that.

How long did you date? Until we got engaged? - 4 months, but we were engaged for almost a year.

How old is he? We are both 30

Who eats more? It depends - lately he does.

Who said I love you first? He did

Who is taller? Since I am only 5' 3", he better be taller! He has a good 5-6 inches on me.

Who sings better? I used to be a good singer, but have gotten way out of practice. And since many times I feel like I can't hit the soprano notes but can't find the alto notes I would have to go with him.

Who is smarter? It depends on the subject, we are both pretty smart - that is why we chose each other.

Whose temper is worse? Me, me, and me - Justin is too mellow and doesn't get worked up enough sometimes.

Who does the laundry? I usually sort it and run the washer and dryer, but I hate folding clothes so we usually do that together.

Who does the dishes? Typically Justin does. It is our arrangement - I cook, he does the dishes.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are standing at the foot of the bed and looking at it, then I do.

Who pays the bills? I used to, but then Justin wanted to take it over. Fine by me! :)

Who mows the lawn? It depends on if we are able to do the yard work together on a Saturday. But for the most part I do more mowing than he does.

Who cooks dinner? This goes back to our arrangement that I cook. Justin is a little lost in the kitchen. He usually wants to help though. Sometimes his helping is just being the in way though, but I love him for wanting to help!

Who drives when you are together? This depends. I have perfect eyesight (thanks to having LASIK a couple years ago) and Justin definitely does not. I always drive at night and any other time his eyes or contacts are bothering him.

Who is more stubborn? Hmmm, my first impulse was to say me. But he can be pretty stubborn too sometimes.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I have to agree with how my sister answered this one - I am rarely wrong so I hardly ever have to admit to it. ;)

Whose parents do you see the most? Well - now that we live in TX within a 4 hour drive of both my parents and his dad it is a toss-up, but we only see his mom about once a year.

Who proposed? Justin

Who is more sensitive? Hmmm, it depends on the circumstances.

Who has more friends? He has a lot of co-worker friends and I don't really have co-workers anymore. If we look at Facebook friends it would be him. If we count it by who sends us Christmas cards we get too many from people that he has no idea who they are so I would have to say me.

Who has more siblings? I have 3, he only has 2.

Who wears the pants in the family? We make decisions together, but if Justin just shrugs his shoulders, I take charge.

Where did you meet? The Tallahassee student singles' ward at church.

What was the first thing you said to your husband? I was told that I needed to fill out some questionnaire and give it to the ward clerk, Justin. When I was relaying this info to my mom, he turned and said "That would be me." My response was something along the lines of "Ok". It was quite the conversation.

Where was your first date? He took me to the bowling alley on FSU campus and then to get gyros at a Greek place (can't remember the name of the place). I do remember listening to Guster songs in his car and being impressed that he listened to Guster (since most people haven't heard of them).

Where was your first kiss? We were sitting on my couch in my apartment in Tallahassee.

Where did you get engaged? In the Nauvoo Grove in front of the Nauvoo LDS temple.

Where were you married? The Houston Texas temple

Where was the honeymoon? Acapulco, Mexico

If you could have changed anything about it what would it have been? About the whole courtship? I would have forfeited dating Jared when I first moved to Tallahassee and been with Justin all along.

0 comments: