Thursday, February 7, 2008

TAGGED

OK, OK, I will play. KimberLeigh tagged me a couple weeks ago and I am finally getting around to playing. But, I am a party-pooper and will not tag anyone else.

10 years ago: Believe it or not, I was in my junior year at BYU. I was trying to decide if I should take classes over the summer or get an internship. It was actually decided for me when I couldn't find an internship. :(

5 things on my to-do list today: 1) Enter the grades into my spreadsheet for the calculus exam I gave yesterday, 2) Grade the algebra exams I gave today, 3) Write a statistics exam to give next week (are you seeing a pattern?), 4) make dinner, 5) I should do laundry or something like that but this list is no fun!

Things I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: Well, I would do a complete remodel of my kitchen because I am dying to have 2 ovens! Justin and I would travel way more than we do - since we haven't traveled hardly at all since I quit working full-time. And then I would just be a lazy bum!

3 of my bad habits: 1) I am lazy and a procrastinator (I think those go hand in hand) - if I have something that doesn't have to be done, I won't do it. I could veg in front of the TV, or on the computer for hours. 2) I hate to clean. It is true. I want my house to be nice and clean, but I wish it would just magically happen. 3) I complain a lot. Ask Justin.

5 places I have lived: Why stop at just 5? I have moved a lot!!! I will only list the places I have lived since I was 18. 1) Euless, TX, 2) Provo, UT, 3) Fairbanks, AK, 4) Houston, TX, 5) Tallahassee, FL, 6) Kansas City, MO, 7) Tampa, FL and last but not least 8) Katy, TX

5 jobs I have had: 1) Math TA and then Stats TA at BYU, 2) Actuary at American General Life (now AIG), 3) TA and Student Instructor at FSU, 4) Biostatistician at USF, 5) Adjunct Instructor at CyFair College

Things most people don't know about me: This one was a hard one for me. I think most people do not know that we are currently going through infertility problems (not being able to conceive for 2.5 years is a problem, right?), but I don't think that people know how hard it is for me to hear about everyone else that is pregnant. I mean - come on! People get to have their 4th and 5th kid before I even get one? What is that about? And it always comes in waves. For example, I got a call last Thursday from one friend that she is pregnant, a call from another friend on Sunday and an email from another on Monday. But then again, I want to know - don't keep it from me because that hurts even more. But I hate it when people say "Oh, I know how you feel". Actually chances are (since only about 10-15% of couples experience infertility), you don't know. I have about 5 friends who really know how I feel - the rest have no idea. And I feel completely different about it now than I did even a year ago, much less when we hit the one year mark where they actually label you as having fertility problems. Anyway - now that I have complained (see, I said I was a complainer) I'll tell another thing that people probably don't know about me: I used to work out all the time. In fact 6 years ago I ran in a half-marathon. Now I'm not sure if I could run a half mile. :( I need to get to work on that!

0 comments: