Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday/Mother's Day

If you didn't know - I turned 30 on Mother's Day.  Back in 2007.

Worst.  Birthday.  Ever.

Nothing like turning 30 when you want children, can't have them and yet everyone around you is celebrating that they do.  And everyone is so busy thinking about themselves that not a single one of your friends calls you to wish you a happy birthday.  And the people you spend the day with don't realize that it is your birthday that day.  Not that I want to make people feel bad about all that - just telling it like it was back then.

This year I turned 35 on Mother's Day.  I am happy to say that I've already consulted a calendar and I am not turning 40 on Mother's Day.

Even when my birthday doesn't fall on Mother's Day they are usually only days apart so I typically end up celebrating myself for multiple days.  Just as it should be.  This year was no exception.

On Friday night we had friends over to enjoy this enormous cake that I made which I found on Pinterest.  I also made cupcakes for everyone's kids to eat, but they all wanted the cake.  You can't really blame them though.  I'm not certain, but I think in the end we got about 25 slices of cake.
The cake.  SO GOOD!

Orange cupcakes I made for kids to eat, but they all wanted the cake

What was left of the cake after we all ate and I sent some home with friends too.
Saturday night we got a sitter and Justin took me out to my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot.  It had been a couple years since we had been there and it is impossible to leave there without being completely stuffed.

Sunday I made some healthy soup chock-full of vegetables for dinner to make up for all the gluttony over the weekend.

One day when my kids start talking and being able to do something I will make them wait hand and foot on me for my birthday/ Mother's Day.

1 comments:

Amy said...

That cake is over the top! I looked at the recipe and decided it's way too involved for me. How long did it take to make?