Friday, June 3, 2011

3 months old

Joel on the left, Jeremy on the right

I'm pretty sure I said this a month ago, but if so I'll say again. In some ways the time is flying by and I can't believe the twins are already 3 months old. In other ways, this has been the longest 3 months of my life.
Jeremy

Joel

The boys are getting so big. Although they didn't have check-ups this month, each of them has more than doubled their birth weight, but Joel is definitely still bigger than Jeremy. I guess we'll have to wait until next month to find out just how much bigger.

In the last month these boys are really starting to develop their personalities. For instance, they both love attention. In fact sometimes all you have to do to make Joel happy is to sit down next to him and talk to him. Jeremy usually needs to be picked up to show him that you really are paying attention to him.

Joel hates it when his diaper gets too wet and neither can really stand it when they are messy. They both give great smiles and the way they smile is totally different from each other. When Jeremy starts to smile, it seems like the sides of his mouth start to curl up first before his whole face catches on to it. For Joel, he has a hard time just smiling. When he smiles he likes to either talk or laugh at the same time.

Both babies are really on the move, even though they don't go anywhere yet. Sometimes they make it really difficult to feed them because they don't want to just stay still and eat. They both really like bath time, but Jeremy makes it very difficult to bathe him the way he tries to move around in the tub.


Jeremy all smiles after his bath

Joel's deer in the headlights look after his bath

At night they both eat sometime between 6pm and 7pm and I think that they would actually prefer to usually go to bed after this feeding, but neither Justin nor I want to have to wake up in the middle of the night so instead we keep them up and maybe just let them doze a little and feed them one last time between 9pm and 10pm. We have been doing this for a few weeks now and they typically sleep really well until after 5am. They start moving around anytime between 5am and 6am, but sometimes they just want to be held and sleep a little longer. They typically have their first feeding sometime between 6:30am and 7am.

We had Jacob sleep in our room until he was 6 months old, but we have already moved the twins out of our room and into the nursery. They seem to have become really light sleepers and it was so hard to tip-toe around the room as we got ready for bed and for the next day when they were sleeping. I think we all sleep better with them in their own room. And I'm not paranoid about something happening to them in their sleep because they still aren't sleeping alone like Jacob did.

Last month I told about how fussy our babies were. After a week on Zantac without much improvement, they were moved to Prevacid. They are doing a lot better on Prevacid, but it causes A LOT of spit-up. So much so that I have about 30 burp cloths for the babies and enough clothes to last them about 10 days before I would need to do their laundry. But I end up having to do their laundry about every 3-4 days because I run out of clean burp cloths. In fact, about once a day Jeremy will have a massive spit up that would actually be categorized as throw up instead. Poor kid. This last week (so after they were 3 months since I am behind on their update) they started displaying some of the same symptoms they had before and we upped their dosage of the Prevacid just in the last couple days. Hopefully we will see another reversal on those symptoms soon.

There's actually quite a bit more that I could say about how life is around our house these days, but I think I will save that for another post. Another post that I will hopefully write in the next few days.
Joel's amused, Jacob not so much, Jeremy's just mad

Our hair is out of control!

Jeremy was giving me some great smiles

Joel didn't feel like smiling

Just chilling in Jacob's chair

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow - so many cute pictures. Jeremy has got a killer smile. So glad that I got to meet them.

So - how did Jacob's room change-up go? Is he in a big bed yet?

sallyavena said...

Too cute! I'm sure this has been long 3 months for you. Hope you are getting enough sleep. Any mother of twins deserves a medal in my opinion.