Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 weeks

This week I hit 30 weeks. I am huge.
As of 3 weeks ago, Baby Boy A is laying across the bottom and Baby Boy B is laying across the top of my belly.

Around 22 weeks, I was the size I was when I was admitted to the hospital when pregnant with Jacob (at 32.5 weeks). I camped out around that size for the next 4 weeks or so, but over the last 4 weeks my belly has exploded. Amazingly - I only weigh about 5 pounds more than I was at 32.5 weeks with Jacob.

Now for a little TMI.

I never took any belly pictures when pregnant with Jacob. I felt like I never looked pregnant - just fat with big boobs and I really didn't want to document that. I think in this picture, it is obvious that my belly is big, but it is also masked by how large my chest is. I have always been top-heavy and used to say that it would be nice to have a reduction one day. I now say that a reduction will be a necessity one day. Unlike most - my chest did not shrink when I stopped nursing Jacob. And even though I started this pregnancy the same weight I started the last one, my chest started 3 cup sizes bigger (I gained a cup size during my pregnancy with Jacob and another 2 cup sizes when my milk came in). Now I am 4 cup sizes bigger than before I was ever pregnant. I am pretty much terrified by what will happen when my milk comes in this time around.

5 comments:

KimberLeigh said...

Julie,
Your belly is so beautiful! I love that you told us where the babies are laying. You look amazing for having TWO in there! WOW!!

As for your fabulous boobs, I'll take whatever you reduce. :) You are so amazing! Keep baking those babies!

Stephanie said...

I'll take whatever you reduce, too. I have the exact opposite problem...I have nothing left. :(

Amy said...

How is it that those that are well-endowed only get bigger and those of us that started out small lose it ALL?

Jen said...

mine didn't go down in size much either. I fear what they will do if we get pregnant again! I would much rather be flatter. get the reduction if you want it. your back will thank you in the long run!!

Angie said...

You look great. You should be big, there are two babies in there. :) I have to agree with the rest of the comments, hilarious actually, I also go the "other" way. Wish there was a happy medium in that department. Maybe it's your bodies way of preparing to nurse two little guys.
Good luck in the final stretch of this pregnancy and go put your feet up. Hugs, A