Monday, May 17, 2010

The Splash Pad

Last summer I didn't do much but hang out at home with Jacob. It was a killer hot summer last year and it hardly rained so it was best to just stay in the air conditioning. Plus, Jacob was so little that he didn't do anything if we went out anyway.

This year I want to get out and do things with him more often, especially since he likes to play so much. I took him to the spash pad for the first time ever just over a week ago and I think over time he will really like it. If you are wondering, a splash pad is an concreted area with all different kinds of fountains that the kids play in. It scares me a little to take Jacob to the pool by myself, but I don't have to worry about him falling into the water at a splash pad.

While we had family in town, we went to a splash pad on Friday and this time I was determined to get some good pictures of Jacob playing in the water (I forgot my camera the first time I took him). He saw the water grate and walked over to it and sat down to start playing with it and I got the camera out to take a picture.

What neither Justin nor I noticed was that right above the water grate was a bucket that, once full, turns and dumps all its water out. I thought I got the picture right before Jacob was clobbered by the water, but because of the delay our camera has it looks like I stood back and took a picture of my son practically drowning.

Also what you don't see is that Justin was just out of the shot and ran up and grabbed Jacob right after he was so brutally knocked over. This was the only picture I took on Friday because we spent the next little while trying to console our screaming child. Luckily, after a little while he seemed to have mostly forgotten the incident.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like it was scarey for Jacob. Hope he enjoys it more next time.
Mom

Amy said...

What a funny picture - the timing of cameras is such a hassle sometime. Hope he only remembers the fun things about the splash pad. I love splash pads too - I don't have to get wet if I don't want to and the kids are so much more independent, but we don't have one close to home.

We're going to be in TX in June - we'll have to give you a call.