Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Oil Ranch

Last week Jacob and I went to The Oil Ranch which turned out to only be about 40 minutes from us. It was lots of fun and will be even funner for Jacob when he is a little bigger. Justin really wants to go with us next year too.

It was a very sunny day and I made sure to put sunscreen on Jacob a couple times, but never put any on myself (note to self - put sunscreen on self from now on). Even though it started out cool in the morning, with no cloud cover it was quite warm out. And to prepare you now - Jacob smiled for absolutely no pictures that were taken of him at the ranch.

We started out by going on a hayride where we got to feed some cows.
Jacob and I on the hayride.
Cows getting up close and personal.

The cows were seriously running after us as we rode back to where they were. I guess they are used to the drill and know that the people will have food pellets for them. They didn't follow after us at all as we pulled away.

After the hayride, Jacob was hungry so I gave him a bottle and then we headed over for the pony rides. Had Jacob been awake, he would have been able to ride a pony and I could have walked along side him to hold him up. Maybe next year on the pony ride.

While Jacob was sleeping, we walked through a petting zoo. Here is Jacob completely oblivious to how loud all the other kids were that were there that day.
Align CenterSo tired.

After the petting zoo we had a picnic lunch where it was difficult to keep the flies and bees off of us. Do they make bee repellent?

Once we were done with lunch, we headed toward the train ride and on the way there were some giant pumpkins so we stopped for some photos.

I seriously could not get this kid to smile at me for any pictures.

We had to wait a couple turns before we were able to ride the train. But finally it was our turn!
I promise he did smile some while we were there.

After the train ride we decided that Jacob wasn't really big enough for any of the other activities at the ranch, plus we were getting hot and tired so we made our way to the exit. On the way out, we got to pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.

I seriously took 20 pictures of Jacob in the pumpkin patch. He would not smile at all and only looked at me for one picture. I think maybe it was just too much for him and he was too tired. Hopefully next year we will have better pictures.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a fun place. I will have to try to remember to put it on our list of places to visit in the future.

Crystal said...

I love seeing the pictures of Jacob even if he's not smiling. I really like the ones where he is sitting in the patch of big pumpkins.
Mom

KimberLeigh said...

I absolutely LOVE him in the pumpkins!