Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Fest

This past Saturday evening was the Fall Fest at church. Justin and I didn't dress up, but Jacob did.
The only picture of Jacob smiling for the evening.

Saturday was a busy day for us. Justin took Jacob with him to the allergist and Costco while I worked in the front yard. (Yep - I do the majority of the yard work at our house. It isn't that I like doing it, but at the same time I don't exactly dislike doing it. But usually with everything going on I am the one that does it.)

We then took a trip to Babies R Us to use a 20% off a single item coupon that was good for only one day and bought Jacob's front-facing car seat that he will need in less than 2 months. That's right - LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!! We then swung by the at&t wireless store to try out some phones so I could pick which one I wanted to order online (never buy a new cell phone anywhere but online - my new phone and Justin's new Windows Mobile phone cost us $50 ordering online. In the store we would have paid over $250 for new phones and activation).

By the time we got home it was far past time for Jacob to nap and I needed to get to work on my "dish with pumpkin" for the potluck. I found a recipe for pumpkin stew online that got good reviews so I decided to give it a try.

Jacob wouldn't nap even though he was super tired and the stew was a pain to make and although not bad, nothing to rant and rave about once it was made. We headed out for the church and who decided it was the perfect time to sleep, but the only one dressing up for the party. He slept for about the first half hour we were there and we when he woke up he was a bit of a grouch.

Then Jacob's grouchiness became contagious and I got grouchy. Seriously, if I had known that most people's main dishes for the potluck would not be made with pumpkin, I would have made something else. Do you know that I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to cooking for others? I HATED taking something that was only ok.

At least it was true what they said online about the stew - it IS even better as leftovers once the flavors have mingled more. But still, not something I plan to make again.

Here are our professional pics taken at the Fall Fest. Thanks Kelli!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute costume! He is getting so big and looking more like Justin every time I see more pictures of him.

Crystal said...

I haven't been checking your blog lately and have really been missing out! Jacob is cute in his costume!
Sorry about the stew.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big Jacob is getting! Isn't Eyore supposed to be grumpy? I can totally relate to how you feel about cooking for others...

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the pics.

KimberLeigh said...

He's such a cute Eeyore!!