Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Day!!!

We have had quite the turn of events this week!

On Tuesday night we assumed that Justin would be staying in the hospital for a few more days at least since he still had his NG tube in place and hadn't eaten or drank anything since Saturday. However, yesterday morning they removed the tube and allowed him clear liquids for breakfast.

He must be doing really well because they automatically moved him up to full liquids for lunch and real food for dinner! Justin's first real meal since August 21st!!!

He had breakfast this morning and after I teach my last class, I am going to the hospital to pick him and bring him back home. We are so happy that he is doing well and is able to come back home. Both Colby and I have really missed having him here.

I am so happy - I am almost willing to forgive Colby for what he did last night while I was at the hospital. Now instead of having 2 shoes that look like this:


I have one that looks like this:


This is the second time he has eaten up one of our shoes. The other time was when Justin was in the hospital in July, he ate one of Justin's shoes. We obviously need to be better about keeping our shoes up.

4 comments:

. said...

yeah!! I am sooo happy that you get to be a family again and that Justin is feeling better. I am really anticipating your baby gender post. I am going to guess that you are having a girl just for the fun of it!

Rick said...

Well, if Colby's only chewing shoes when Justin goes to the hospital, I see an easy solution here. Just keep Justin out of the hospital! :)

Seriously, though. We're glad Justin is doing better and thrilled to hear he's coming home.

Amy said...

Congrats and welcome home. That's the best news I've heard all day!

KimberLeigh said...

Oh how wonderful that Justin is home! YEA! No more hospital trips during your pregnancy, OK? (Until labor of course! :) )

Love you both. I'm so grateful for prayer! :) xoxoxo