Friday, May 23, 2008

the last couple of weeks

Over the last couple of weeks I celebrated a birthday. And I really have to say - turning 31 was MUCH, MUCH better than turning 30 last year. There really is no other way to put it - my birthday last year was pretty much the pits. I really think it was a combination of things, but I turned 30 on Mother's Day last year, was super-depressed about not being able to get pregnant and almost everyone (except my immediate family) seemed to forget about me - probably because it was Mother's Day.

This year was much different though - I got all kinds of calls and well-wishes, not to mention it is always better when the birthday isn't competing with another holiday. I told Justin that he wasn't allowed to get me a present since we bought the frames for our masters' degrees, but he did get me some tulips (one of my favorite flowers) and they were beautiful - sorry I didn't take a picture.

Then a couple days after my birthday we had a full house again. Justin's mom, his brother, Eric, and his brother's soon-to-be fiancee, Joanna, came and visited us. On Friday we went and wondered around the new outlet mall for a little while, and then saw the new Narnia movie - Prince Caspian. On Saturday Justin went to the Aquarium downtown with them and then it was time for Eric and Joanna to head back to Florida. Justin's mom stayed with us for an extra 3 days after that and became Colby's new best friend. Colby was so sad to see her go back to Utah.

Justin has been on vacation this week and we have mainly been vegging at home - something that we intend to do all weekend long! It will be so sad when he has to head back to work on Tuesday. And then next week is my last week of freedom - my summer classes start up on June 2.

0 comments: