Monday, May 12, 2008

One more semester down

I am done with yet another semester and have 3 weeks before summer classes start. I have to admit - I am soooo glad to be done with this semester. I had quite a few students that were really starting to get on my nerves and I have heard enough times over the past couple months, "Why do we have to know how to do this?" Not only that, but they wanted me to tell them exactly what problems would be on exams - how spoiled are these kids?

Summer classes will be better and worse. They will be better because I am teaching Calculus 1 and Calculus 2, which means that the kids in the classes will actually be pretty good at math (when I teach the business calculus class, the students have a lot of trouble with the algebra making the whole class frustrating). It will be worse because 1) summer classes move super fast so it will most likely be a lot of work and I am spoiled and like working part-time and 2) the classes are more theoretical which I don't care for - that is why both my BS and my MS is in statistics - it is application and not theory.

During the 3 week break, we are expecting houseguests. This past weekend we had my mom here as well as one of my sisters and her husband and this week we have Justin's mom, brother and (possibly) sister coming in to town.

1 comments:

kristi said...

Julie - you are so SMART! Go you!

If I ever need help in math, I know who to call!!