Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It is finally over, or is it?

Yesterday marked the last day that I have to go to both my statistics class and my business calculus class that I taught this summer. I gave the final exam in each class yesterday, got them graded and figured out what everyone's final grade is in the class. Now all I have to do is enter the grades into the system online, print out my grade records and go up to the school to check out.

I survived teaching 2 different summer courses at the same time!!!

Now let's see if I can survive my next summer course that starts tomorrow. Yes - you read that correctly, it starts tomorrow. Who needs a break, right?

This means that as my students were working on their final exams, I was busy writing a new syllabus. And while I would love to make cards today and do whatever I want to do, I need to be getting ready to teach tomorrow. This time I think that I am a little better prepared though.

First off - I put a note in the syllabus letting the students know that since this is a "short" summer course, we will cover as much material in one day as would be covered in a week in the fall or spring. Secondly, this class should be a funner class than the two I just finished teaching. This is Math for Education majors. It is teaching them math that they will have to teach once they have jobs out of school. It means that we will do activities in class that hopefully they can use with their own students.

And I am not giving a final exam. Yea!!! Instead, I am going to make them get up and do a presentation and teach something that we covered in the class and the whole class will judge everyone's presentation based on how prepared they were, all that good stuff. It should make my job cake, right?

Let's hope so. I am already ready for August 7th when I turn in grades for this class and have a 3 week break before classes start for the fall. How sad is that?

0 comments: