Thursday, June 6, 2013

White Christmas

The Sunday before Christmas while the twins napped we put together my mom's gingerbread house kit, in preparation of putting together the gingerbread train kit that I had brought up from home.  Jacob helped a little bit, but he wasn't all that interested.  Then we never got to the gingerbread train.
Our gingerbread house
On Christmas Eve, we decorated edible Christmas trees.  I don't remember if Jacob was into it or not.  Joel definitely enjoyed eating his tree and Jeremy wasn't a big fan of the activity at all.
Jeremy wants to know if this activity is over yet
I think Jacob enjoyed eating the M&M's more than anything else
Joel says "Mmm - yummy"
Jeremy looking all cute while Joel eats yummy sugar
My finished tree
That evening the boys got to open up new pajamas and then we drove around my parents' neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.  We didn't drive around for long, but I think all the boys really liked it.
Jacob (Joel in the back)
Joel
Jeremy
 That night, Santa came!  (Santa decided to bring the boys almost all their gifts because they were a little difficult for us to wrap - thank you Santa!)
The kids loot from Santa and us
Jeremy checking out his stocking
The world's least expensive Dyson ever - and the kids loved it
Joel and Jeremy opening presents

We were all super spoiled and got lots of goodies.

That afternoon the cold weather paid off and we got a white Christmas in Texas!!!  The boys loved running around in the snow - especially Jacob.
I wish this picture weren't blurry - Jacob is smiling soooo big!
Jeremy's first snow
All 4 little boys (cousin Grant in the red coat)
Joel's first snow
Even though I felt pretty miserable thanks to the flu, overall it was a good Christmas.












0 comments: