Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jacob goes to school

First Day of school with backpack and school supplies

As I expected, the first few days of school were super rough for our little Jacob.  He really didn't understand what was going on the first day at all, but quickly caught on that I was sending him off when the bus pulled up in front of our house.  

Luckily, the crying and resisting only lasted for 3 days.  Now for the past week, he runs out to the bus.  What a relief!  Sadly I don't really know how he is handling it while he is there, but he is excited to go and that makes us happy.
Eagerly waiting for the bus last Friday


The other things that makes me super happy is that for 4 hours a day: I don't have to worry about him hurting his brothers (which he does anytime they get too close to him).  And I don't have to worry about him getting upset and banging his head (ok, actually I do still worry about it, but at least I'm not the one trying to deal with it).  

He runs right to the bus helper

And she carries him up the stairs which are a little tall for short little legs
And after only 2 weeks he is talking lots more.  Sadly, what he says is pretty much incoherent so we aren't understanding more but we hope that changes soon.

3 comments:

Brett M said...

Yeah! I'm so so glad that he's adjusting and you're seeing some improvement already. What a blessing.

Amy said...

I'm so glad to hear that it only took a few days before he was excited to go. I have been wondering how the adjustment went.

Crystal said...

So happy it only took a few days for him to be excited about going to school. That makes it so much easier.