Monday, January 16, 2012

10 month old twins!!!

2 uncooperative 10 month olds


Joel at 10 months

Jeremy at 10 months (and this kid would not stay still!!)

We have seen some drastic improvement in the spit-up!!!  It hasn't stopped, but it has decreased.  By a lot.  In fact, I have noticed that most days we only have a little spit-up from each baby - probably the amount that most people are used to when they hear of a baby "spitting up".  So glad that it seems like we are past the days of massive spit-up and sometimes projectile vomiting.  It has only taken 10 months so far.

Joel has had one of his top teeth playing peek-a-boo with us - with his 2 bottom teeth this makes 3.  He fell and smacked his face on the coffee table, his gum started bleeding and when it stopped we saw that his little tooth had broken through - probably due to the fall.  However a couple days later I noticed the tooth was gone.  Then it showed up again, then disappeared again.  Right now it is just barely through the gum.  I can also see about 3 other places on his gums where they are swollen and look like a tooth will pop up at any time.  Which means that we still have months of agony ahead of us.  Why do teeth torture my kids?  It was this way with Jacob for ALL of his teeth and this seems to be the way it will be for these 2 boys as well.
Joel's two little teeth

Jeremy still has no teeth.

Both babies act like they are getting tired of baby food, but when I have tried to give them fresh banana neither liked it (although they would eat the baby food banana).  I also tried to give them apple in those little mesh feeders and they both refused to eat it (even though they eat applesauce).  I am dreaming of a day when I can just put food on their tray and let them feed themselves for the most part instead of me having to feed them - let me tell you, with twins that can not come soon enough.

Joel and Jeremy are starting to interact with each other more, and love to laugh together.  Either that or cry together.  As it seems, both misery and happiness love company.  Jacob still does not like to play with them, or interact with them, or touch them, or have them touch him, or have them get too close to him or something he is playing with.  Hoping that changes soon - 10 months of it has been way too much.


First time swinging outside

Not sure what to think about it

Poor sick babies - I have a similar picture of Jacob around the same age when he was sick

Our new twin stroller (before we got the Joey toddler seat attachment)
And if you can't tell from the pictures - Jeremy REALLY needs a haircut.  But I don't like my babies to look like little boys until they are 1 year old and we still have a couple months to go.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I personally LOVE Jeremy's hair! He is so so cute!

Amy said...

I was thinking that he had a lot of hair - but that's never something I had to deal with.

Sure hope they start feeding themselves too - it saves so much time to just plop food in front of them and let them go for it!