Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally some new posts

The last month has been busy around here and mostly because everyone at our house has spent a bit of time under the weather.

I had planned to get a lot of stuff done over my spring break (including starting on those stupid curtains), but I started feeling lots of congestion on Monday of spring break week. At first it seemed like it was just some allergy problems and a couple days later I started feeling a little better. Then the next day I started feeling way worse. I then proceeded to have one of the worst colds I have ever had. Why do I always, always get sick over spring break?

This year, I decided to share my cold with Jacob. Justin didn't need my cold, because this year he has been suffering with the worst allergies he has ever had.

I have a very strong belief that no one on earth has worse allergies in the spring time than Justin has. His eyes have been so irritated and scratchy that he hasn't been able to wear his contacts for a month. That may not sound like a big deal to most, but since Justin has keratoconus it means Justin has been practically blind for the last month. And if Justin spends any time outside lately, his eyes turn all red and get all goopy. Yuck. Plus his eyes feel like they are burning.

Once spring break was over I was still sick, but the semester gets busier and busier the closer we are to the end. I feel like I am caught up for the moment, but in the next 5 weeks I will give 3 exams (2 of which I haven't even written yet) so I will have lots of work to get done before the semester ends.

After 2 weeks of being sick and another week and a half of feeling fine but coughing all the time, I think I am finally better. Now if we can just get Justin through the worst allergy season that Houston has ever seen...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I didn't know Justin has keratoconus. Mom has that and had a cornea transplant in her mid-30s! I completely understand how tragic it would be for him to go without contacts!!!

MindyW said...

I hope that you feel better soon Julie! Justin too...Please let me help with the next busy weeks if there is anything I can do!!!