Monday, April 26, 2010

Awareness week

I just found out that this week (more precisely April 24th - May 1st) is National Infertility Awareness Week. It looks like it isn't the same time every year, but isn't it interesting that exactly 2 years ago we were starting injections for in vitro?

Being infertile is the hardest thing that we have ever gone through (and continue to go through). And while most people are understanding, so many people say the dumbest things to you when you are infertile. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt though and say that I'm pretty sure they don't intend to be as mean as they seem.

If you don't know much about infertility, Infertility 101 is a great place to start.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I think that most people just don't understand and thay are not trying to be hurtful.

Crystal said...

I meant to say they, not thay.
Mom:)