Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jacob's room

We got Jacob's room all set up months ago. And I kept meaning to take pictures of his room, but never did (things like that happen a lot around here). So today I finally took the video camera in there and took a little footage of his room. But to really appreciate it, I think you have to see what his room looked like before Jacob ever was. It really was quite sad.
We have to give BIG HUGE thanks to Justin's aunt and uncle who did the labor and painted Jacob's room for us. They did such a great job! They also came back a few weeks later and put the wall border up for us. Justin's uncle also helped to get the wall shelf up and level. We really owe them for all their help.



We had planned to get the room all ready over Christmas and a month before Jacob was born, but Jacob was too eager. The painting was done the weekend before my water broke and the wall border put up the weekend after Jacob was born. The wall shelf didn't make it up until Jacob was a couple months old (and we didn't know what we were naming him for sure until he made his appearance, so I didn't get the name painted and ready until about then anyways).

We couldn't possibly list everyone that gave us stuff that is in his room, but his room wouldn't be what it is without the generosity of others. Thanks so much - we love his room and we know that he does too!

3 comments:

Crafting is my Therapy said...

I love it! The green is so great. I love the two different shades. You have really out done yourself, Julie!

Angie said...

His room looks great. I love all of the green.

Unknown said...

His room looks fantastic! This video thing on your blog is wonderful!!