Friday, July 18, 2008

Free at last?

So, my stay at the hospital may be coming to a close. I started off on an IV and ice chips for food. Then, Tuesday they started me on clear liquids. (Mmmm, jello and chicken broth) Yesterday, I got promoted to soft foods, which apparently includes fajitas.

I am becoming a fan of Ensure drinks, the strawberry flavor is best. I think the cafeteria has it out for me, because my orders say I am to get lactose-free food, and they keep trying to give me ice cream, half and half for the coffee I don't drink, parmesan cheese, and a carton of milk (which was on the same tray as the "Lactose-free" milk to go with my Cheerios).

If all goes well today, I may get to go home tomorrow. They're going to start me on the oral steroids, as opposed to the ones via IV, and if I take well to that...adios hospital.

Thanks to everyone who has been keeping me in their thoughts and prayers.

1 comments:

Crystal said...

So glad you have had so much improvement and are out of the hospital.
Also, glad you were smart with what you ate from the food trays they bought you. It could have delayed your dismissal.