Thursday, January 17, 2008

A new semester

Last week was back to business as usual for Justin (meaning back to Houma for work), but I spent my week last week cleaning and getting ready for the new semester. This week I have been busy working.

I am teaching the same two classes that I taught last semester (business calculus and statistics) both on MWF but then after that on MW I have an hour break and teach another class that lasts for 2 hours. The biggest advantage that this is to me is that I get a 66% raise this semester for teaching 10 credits instead of just 6. However the schedule itself leaves much to be desired. It is just after lunchtime when I take my break so I either need to take something to eat for lunch or pick something up on my break. Since I don't have an office, when I take my lunch I am just lugging it around with me. I would much rather just teach my 4 hours a day on MW from 8 - noon and be done with it.

So I am already busier this semester than last, but I have more to add onto that. Starting next Thursday through Feb. 12, I am subbing for someone on another campus who is having surgery. I am definitely subbing one of her classes on TTH, and it looks like I will probably be subbing another as well.

Here's to a busy semester!

0 comments: