Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Please rain

I love being a homeowner. I love the fact that we don't have to worry about sharing a wall with someone else. I love that we don't have to carry groceries upstairs. I love that we have a garage to park our cars in. I just love being a homeowner.

However there are two things that I hate about being a homeowner, and they both have to do with yard work. #1 - I hate weed eating in the backyard all around the fence. I really detest that and if possible, I make Justin do it. It just seems like you either can't get the grass, or you are tearing up the fence.

#2 - I hate watering the lawn. It is such a pain to have to drag the hose out and get the sprinkler set up in just the right position. Such a pain to have to go out every 20 minutes and move it to a new location and it starts all over again. You set up the sprinkler, turn on the water and you realize it isn't quite right. So then you turn off the water, go out to adjust the sprinkler, go back to turn the water back on and hope that this time it is lined up right.

I see why people put in sprinkler systems. This past year we opted to buy bedroom furniture instead of looking into putting in a sprinkler system. I think it is creeping up on my wish list. It rained so much this summer that we didn't have to water the lawn until this month. This month there has been little to no rain at all, but we are still hitting the 90's everyday. Because we were so used to not having to water the lawn we didn't even think about it until we noticed how brown our grass was becoming.

So this is my plea to please rain. Mother Nature keeps taunting me by having it rain all around Houston the last couple of days, but not here. I guess I should go water the front lawn - that should guarantee some rain today, right?

0 comments: