Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just where are those promised pictures?

At the beginning of the month I promised pictures of our half-bath that we painted. Well - we are slackers and neither of us have taken any pictures of the bathroom yet. Maybe in the next few days (that is the motto of my procrastinators' club).

Last week Justin had a three day training where he learned how to be a senior associate with his firm. The big plus of this training you might ask? It was right here in Houston! With the exception of Justin taking a week of vacation in August, I really can't remember when the last time was that he was with me during the week. We were like a normal couple and got to do crazy things like eat dinner together, or do yard work together on a Tuesday. It has been the norm for us lately that Justin is out of town for work and he calls me when he is on his way to dinner and then again once he is done eating dinner. He gets to go to places like Outback Steakhouse (pickings are slim in Middle-of-Nowhere, Louisiana) while I eat whatever we have for leftovers from the weekend.

But last week we were able to put all that behind us and I actually cooked every night of the week. That is until Saturday when we ate some leftovers, but at least this time we were eating leftovers together (and that is all that matters, right?).

But sadly it was only a 3 day training and not a 3 week training which means that Justin headed back out to Middle-of-Nowhere again yesterday morning. The really sad part? I think that Colby loved having Justin home during the week just as much as I did. Last night he kept walking over to the door that goes into our garage and whining. I kept having to say, "He isn't coming home tonight." Then Colby would come back and join me on the couch, but he kept sitting on top of me. I think it was his way of saying, "Well if he isn't coming home, there's no way you are leaving without me too."

From my understanding though (I have been known to be wrong about these things in the past though), Justin will be working in town again starting next week! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

0 comments: