Monday, January 15, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

but wouldn't a fire be delightful? Too bad we don't have a fireplace.

I lived in Houston through three winters before and never had weather that I would consider all that cold. We buy a house that doesn't have a fireplace and it is officially freezing here. I know, I know. People will read this and think that we have no idea what cold really is here in Texas. Exactly. That is why we live where we do, because it usually doesn't get this cold here.

So, tonight and tomorrow we are expecting sleet and freezing rain. Tomorrow our high is 32 degrees (Fahrenheit, that is). It is never safe for anyone to drive on ice (ice and snow are totally different things), but it extremely dangerous here where it is quite rare to have to deal with. Luckily, neither Justin nor I have anywhere that we need to be in the morning. However, Justin is scheduled to fly out tomorrow evening which is quite worrisome to me. Hopefully
that will either be changed or the weather won't be as bad as predicted.

I would love to curl up in front a fireplace with Justin when there is weather like this.

0 comments: