Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Summer Part 2 (2013)

The last 7 weeks or so of our summer seemed to drag on and on.  The first month we were having visitors or going on our own little trips, but the rest of the summer was long and boring.

After getting home from our 4th of July trip up to Dallas, Jacob had a really bad week.  We'd had too much going on for the previous month and he wasn't sure how to handle it all.  After having a really rough week though we were able to adjust to our usual routine for summer break.

All three of these boys seem to suffer from the same behavior problem of "I get to do whatever I want whenever I want". And it isn't just something that happens every now and then. We have problems with this at home and Jacob and Jeremy have problems with this at school as well. It is a constant battle everyday to try to help them understand that there are rules and breaking rules have consequences. Last summer none of them got that and this summer isn't looking a whole lot better. Because of this it was (is) nearly impossible for me to take them places by myself because everyone wants to do their own thing, no one EVER comes back when I call them back, etc. When Justin's mom was visiting last summer we took the kids to the park and to the splash pad and it was a lot of work for the two of us. I'm not sure if I even dare take them to those places by myself this summer (a year later).

We (meaning I) were very happy as summer drew to a close and we got ready to head back to school! Because we didn't go out much (except to the gym) a lot of time was spent playing in the backyard. Maybe we can get out more this summer.



0 comments: