Friday, August 30, 2013

Things that drive me crazy

The toy box.
The twins started a game about 6 months ago that they thought was really great.  They would take turns emptying the toy box and then one or both of them would get in.  Then they would take turns piling toys into the toy box with whoever was in there (usually Jeremy piled toys in with Joel).

No matter how much fun the game was when they started the end result was always the same: there were toys all over my floor AND at least one kid ended up super upset and crying.
We tried to fix this by moving the toy box to the gameroom upstairs and then almost completely emptying it.  They didn't do it as often, but they still messed with it a lot and ended breaking the toy box.  Now they have no toy box.




Playing on the stairs.
For some reason my boys love to play on the stairs.  I think this originated with Jacob, but now the twins do it too.  If you are wondering why this drives me crazy it is because they always seem to fight over who is on a certain place on the stairs and one or all of them end up crying.  Awesome.  I'm waiting for the day there are broken bones from someone falling down the stairs.
It always starts out okay

How annoying can Joel
Now Jacob has to get involved too
Playing behind the couch.
For some reason it has become really fun to play behind the couch in our family room.  The kids like to stand in the window sill and lean over the couch and watch TV.  Or take all their little cars back there and line them up on the sill.  Like everywhere else they play - they end up fighting about who is in which spot and all around just being upset about life in general.  Not to mention that I am slightly worried about them breaking the window and hurting themselves.


The wrestling.
The boys wrestle all the time.  I hate it.  It always ends in crying, usually from all involved in the wrestling.  The problem is that even once they all get upset about it they. still. won't. stop.  So annoying.  People tell me that it is just life with boys.  Yeah - I remember asking for at least one girl here.



2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm smiling right now, since I have all boys too. Luckily, they are a little more spread out in age, but they still fight and wrestle sometimes.

Jen said...

I'm reading this saying "yep, yep, yep." My boys do that all too and it drives me crazy. Somehow we will all survive!