Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Confession

Jacob does not own any BYU paraphernalia.

I spent 4 years at BYU and 2 years at FSU. Justin spent 6 years at FSU.

That makes Jacob two-thirds Seminole and only one-third Cougar.

We took a trip out to Florida in November and were able to buy various things for Jacob in a variety of sizes. We haven't been to Utah since 2007 and haven't wanted to buy things online and pay for shipping. Because we are cheap.

I have been super bummed all year though. I am bummed that plane tickets and football tickets don't just fall down from the skies for us for free.

I REALLY wanted to go to the BYU v FSU game on September 19th in Provo. I wanted to make shirts for both me and Jacob. Mine would have read:
BYU class of 1999
FSU class of 2004
I don't care who wins.


Jacob's would have read:
I'm part Cougar,
part Seminole.

Cheesy, but it would have been so cute.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wish free tickets would fall from the sky too - not just for you, but for us too. We found out Adam has the long weekend around Thanksgiving off (that almost never happens) but we can't really afford to go anywhere.

Keep looking up, maybe they will fall - ha ha! and you can come to UT and see us too. You should make the shirts anyway - I think it would be super cute.

sallyavena said...

I might be able to hook you up with some of the football tickets...my in-laws planned to be in Disney Land that day. Bad planning on their part, but I was reminded that it is not as bad as planning your wedding on the day BYU played in the Pigskin Classic against one of the Texas teams (phil could not only tell you who, but the score as well, because they had it playing at the bar of the place where we had our wedding breakfast).