Friday, November 9, 2007

Ending the week with a bang

I think that most people know that I am a bum and do not have a full-time job. And since the classes that I was scheduled to teach this semester are afternoon classes, I sleep in practically everyday. Justin always leaves very early (usually between 5:30 and 6) and gives me a kiss when he is leaving (typically I am awake enough to remember this). Then he gives me a wakeup call somewhere around 7:30 just to insure that I don't sleep too late (this is at my request - I like to sleep in but I don't want to sleep that much).

Yesterday morning I was a bit surprised when he called me around 6:45am and even more so to let me know he had just been in a fender-bender on the tollway. Luckily neither he nor the other guy involved was hurt, just some damage done to their cars. And since Justin was at fault we have our fingers crossed that our insurance rates don't go up that much.

Both Justin and the other guy decided that their cars were drivable. I'm not sure about the other guy, but Justin's car just looked like someone rubbed some sandpaper over parts of his car (mainly the front). He drove on to his meeting in the Galleria area, after that on to downtown and then home at the end of the day. After speaking to the insurance claims people last night they recommended that he go ahead and bring his car in to a body shop first thing this morning before driving it to make sure it really was drivable.

Good thing - check out this picture he sent me of the rear driver's side tire! Clearly very dangerous since it is now slanted!



Good thing we have rental car coverage with our policy because it is no fun to be a one-car couple.

2 comments:

KimberLeigh said...

Glad you are OK, Justin! Wow!! Scary stuff!!

Are you guys warm? We are freezing here.

Unknown said...

Glad no one hurt. What happened?

I think I'd better review my policy for rental car insurance. I've already added towing.